Thursday 3 October 2013

Brioche shawl finished

Brioche shawl by Asplund
Brioche shawl, a photo by Asplund on Flickr.
Here's the brioche shawl I made based on Nancy Marchant's "Alex" scarf (Ravelry link here). I decreased and cast off each leaf separately, so there were quite a few loose ends to take care of. However, I made it easy for myself by using a crochet hook and simply pulling them through a number of brioche yarnovers.

Inishmore in progress

A Starmore addict I've cast on to make yet another of her designs, namely "Inishmore" from Fishermen's Sweaters. The yarn is Cascade 220, and I think this light colour works well with this kind of cable pattern.

7 comments:

Chrissieday said...

Can see you in blue looking good.

Pia said...

What a nice shawl.

Hälsningar från Finland.

Kerry said...

It looks great, you talented man.

ron in mexico said...

I am going to have to tackle brioche because I love the stitch definition. Your textured knitting is wonderful.
Ron in Mexico

Anonymous said...

More gorgeous knitting! I think the blue colour is perfect for the design.

Christopher said...

The shawl looks like angel's wings doesn't it? Very Beautiful!

=Tamar said...

Some years ago there was a blogger who knitted many Starmore designs, but she also corrected them so that the patterns matched perfectly at the shoulder seams, which according to her, Starmore herself had not done.