Wednesday 23 March 2011

Spring feelings


Airing sweaters
Originally uploaded by Asplund
Spring may be here at long last: does an instant urge to air sweaters count as a kind of spring feeling?

Today I'm going to write seven things about myself as promised in my previous post. First, two things I look forward to this week:

Seeing fellow knitter and blogger Born to knit tonight. We first met live about a year and a half ago after getting acquainted thanks to the internet.

A concert on Sunday with Dee Dee Bridgewater, a favourite singer I'm going to get to enjoy live for the fourth time. I love her gorgeous, rich voice (she can sound like anything from a caress to a grater), her way with lyrics, athletic scat singing, interaction with musicians and her sense of humour - all of which plus some present in this version of  "Love for Sale". (It takes about 1½ minute before she actually starts singing.)


Through her albums, Dee Dee's singing is knitted into many of the things I've made since I first heard her some ten years ago.

Last, five favourite tastes, simply because I can't think of anything better to write about: lemon, ginger, garlic, cinnamon and pomegranate.

7 comments:

fluffbuff said...

It certainly looks like spring with all the little flowers on the ground and the chickens int he background.

I am jealous about the Dee Dee Bridgewater concert. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of your sweaters airing - not something I do with mine, I must say. I wash them and then wear them (or not), but maybe I should also air them. And I also love how you speak of knitting music into your sweaters. I know just what you mean.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful display of your talent. Hope you enjoy the concert.
Ron

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sweater collection!
Tank you for the wonderful video, when knitting meets jazz it can't get any better!

MarieW on Rav.

Asplund said...

Couldn't agree more, MarieW!

RodPrjónar said...

How nice that spring is coming!
Here... nothing yet. We have barely seen the sun and now rain and rain and more rain.
I really miss sun drying my cloth :(

* I have finally decided to star a blog by the way! Nothing much going on yet though... but soon! : )

RodPrjónar said...

Not a trace of spring around here yet (but I don't complain... I love winter!).
We haven't actually seen the sun for a while... I miss so much sun drying the laundry. It smells so good afterwards : )

* I have finally opened a blog by the way... not much going on yet but soon : )