There is a choice between long and short sleeves, so I started knitting the short ones to be on the safe side. Almost done with the first sleeve, I thought there wouldn't be enough yarn for the second one after all; therefore, I decided to make them even shorter. (Not that much, perhaps 5 cm or 2 in.)
I always find it difficult to figure how much yarn will be needed (Ravelry has made that easier) and short raglan sleeves was simply impossible! At least I didn't have to rip out much.
The cardigan is for my friend Elisabeth, who introduced me to Marianne Isager's designs and yarns some fifteen years ago. I hope the size is right!
What I like best about this project is that I found the right use for the yarn. It was so annoying not having used it to its best advantage but not knowing what to knit instead! If I may say so myself, I think the yarn and this design are a great match – and hopefully Marianne Isager wouldn't mind my modifications too much. A man's got to do what a man's got to do.
ETA Errata (I believe)
1) right front rows 4-14: Rep Rows 1 and 2 should be Rep Rows 2 and 3 (p. 35)
2) left front rows 4-14: Rep Rows 1 and 2 should be Rep Rows 2 and 3 (p. 38)
3) left front row 71: k2-55 (64) st rem should be k3-55 (64) st rem (p. 38)
4) Shape Raglan Sleeve Cap: Work 3 rows even, then rep dec row 1 (5) times. Here I'd like to add that the dec has be sl1 k2tog psso the first (fifth) time instead of “k2tog, work in est patt to last 4 st, k2tog”. (p.41)