Thursday 22 October 2015

The orange cast of thought

The cardigan I wrote about in my previous post is finished. I liked the wool a lot, Yaku from CaMaRose. It was sligthly worrying when I washed and blocked it, because it grew like mad when wet. Fortunately, it gradually shrank to exactly the size I had knitted.




There was enough green wool to make a hat; I used a pattern from the same book by Danish designer Lene Holme Samsøe. The cable pattern is the same that is used between the cardigan raglan increases, although you can't see them in the photos above.



All of a sudden it dawned on me - it will arrive just in time for Halloween! The poor baby will look like a pumpkin wearing the cardigan and hat at the same time...

Speaking of Halloween, check out this post at Bent objects!



4 comments:

frisky frog said...

Så fint det blev! Det där mönstret är så himla sött och vilken lycka
att vara baby och ha dig i närmaste kretsen. =)

Anonymous said...

Græskar eller ej, så er det et ualmindeligt sødt sæt :)

ylva said...

She will be adorable!

Kate Price said...

What a relief that it shrunk back to size when dry!