Thursday 28 March 2013

Same but different

Domino sweater in progress by Asplund
Domino sweater in progress, a photo by Asplund on Flickr.
You get a different effect knitting Marianne Isager's design with a single colour. In her original sweater there is more focus on the shape of the individual mitred squares, while my version will emphasise the overall effect of the combination of them: panels rather than squares, since the vertical lines stand out.

I like both of them, so I might make another one similar to the sweater in the book some day. Isn't fascinating what a difference even a minor change of colour(s) can make?

4 comments:

Kerstin said...

Now I'm also a happy owner of the book. Haven't decided where to start yet, though...

Ann said...

You have realizes a thought I had, when I saw the model in the book, and I think it is much more beautiful in one color.

Unknown said...

You give me a great idea. I will start Congo sweater with just one color !

Kerry said...

Great colour and interesting pattern. Is it for you Ivar?