Saturday 22 August 2015

Wool spa

My feet never felt better than after an opportunity to "tread wool" at Skansen this afternoon. Fulling is the correct word in English, isn't it?


I managed to add to my stash too: two shades of grey of a wonderfully soft blend of wool, angora and alpaca. Perhaps mittens with a pattern inspired by this carving?


Or simply stripes - like the twined mittens mentioned in my previous post. I do have a soft spot for grey and another one for stripes.


I thought I'd post some photos of the tweed sweater I brought to the archipelago too. It's finished now and perfect instead of a jacket when it gets cooler in the evening. I've only managed to capture the colours in one of them, so here's a close-up to begin with:
The wool is so beautiful I wanted to keep it as simple as possible, both in terms of shape (a top-down seamless raglan sweater) and pattern (stocking stitch). I did add side cables, though, to make it more comfortable to wear and more enjoyable to knit.


The edges are patterned too, a k2 p2 spiral. It's easy when you knit in the round and have a multiple of 4 stitches plus or minus one: the spiral will come automatically.


 Last, some more shades of grey from the Wool Spa:




6 comments:

ylva said...

Hej !länge sedan jag var inne på din sida och kollade , du ser ut att må bra :) woll-spa ser härligt ut hoppas att du haft en fin sommar och får en mysig höst
Kramar Ylva i Uppsala

Jules said...

That's a really lovely sweater. Simple but so well made and wearable!

KiwiJames said...

I love the cable detail... I'm not sure what you call it there but here I call it a single chain honeycomb and I'm using it on a scarf project at the moment.

Anonymous said...

The spiral neckband is so beautiful - I must try that sometime! Looks like you had a fun time.

ron in mexico said...

Beautiful sweater. The cable is a great design feature and a comfort feature that I would never have thought of. I am sure it made blocking easier with a line to follow as sweaters in the round can become twisted. I must say that the tweed is extremely handsome. Looking forward to your new gray projects.

Charlotte kaae said...

Fantastisk, jeg vil med på uld spa ;-)