Monday 14 April 2014

Alba cardigan finished again

Some three months ago I finished my "Alba" cardigan - and after finding the right hooks and eyes for it the other day I finished it again yesterday by sewing them in place. I love the drop shape!





Then I remembered Margaret Atwood's poem that we read when I studied English years ago. The way it shifts and all the things it implies still makes me shudder and smile at the same time!


You fit into me
like a hook into an eye

a fish hook
an open eye


 Here's my finished twined hat - and I'm happy to say it's too warm to wear it:

Hamlet, the twined version


 
Man kan ju aldrig vara säker så här års, men jag hoppas slippa slita på koftan och mössan. Koftan går förstås att ha i stället för jacka, men yllemössa betackar jag mig för. Nej, så här års tycker jag att det är mer lockande att sticka tunna spetssjalar. Inte för att jag bär dem själv, men det roliga är att sticka. Om en dryg månad (helgen 17-18 maj) kommer jag förresten att hålla kurs i just spetsmönster och sjalformer på Ekerö. Här finns mer information om du är intresserad.



8 comments:

Carolina said...

Lovely clasps. Lovely hat. And glad to hear you are having lovely weather.

sandra said...

Yay! The twined hat! *applause* The sweater & hat are both absolutely gorgeous, as always :)

ylva said...

Vilken underbart fin mössa ! Och koftan är det svårt att hitta orden till, älskar halsrigningen.

dqpage said...

Smukke ting - flot finish/håndværk.

ron in mexico said...

The sweater is a stunner. I have always admired your engineering talents and they certainly show up in both of the projects. The colour design in the hat is hypnotic. Beautiful work.
Ron

Unknown said...

Your colorways are beautiful in the sweater? How did you choose?

Asplund said...

Thanks, everyone!

Rosie: I ordered a kit from virtualyarns.com, so the colours were already chosen by the the top expert Alice Starmore. (I just made some changes in the edgings going for less contrast.)

Roberta said...

a real beauty!!!