- Single strands and 2 mm needles instead of double strands and 3 mm.
- Green and blue pears near the picot edge instead of yellow pearls among the mustard leaves.
- Simpler, straighter, mustard leaves (to make it easier to knit).
- Mustard leaves going in opposite directions from the centre of the back section (see right corner in photo above) instead of travelling round in a circle; I want the leaves to meet in front.
- Main pattern also simpler with straighter leaves and the big flowers turned into smaller ones alternating with stars, echoing a sweater I knitted in the late 90s.
Thanks for encouraging comments on my previous post! In particular I took christinelaennec's words about supporting economy to heart :) Guess what I did yesterday? Right. Some more support by purchasing a Hanne Falkenland vest kit I've had my eyes on for quite a while. Those Danes are incredible - such an eye for details and ingenious constructions. The yarn is quite lovely too: a strand of indigo cotton wrapped around a strand of lamb's wool.