Thursday, 1 September 2011
Same but different
1. I decided to cast on a lot more loosely for a more pronounced scalloped edge.
2. There is an extra row (purls on the right side) to make the edge curl slightly.
3. Border pattern two repeats instead of three (to save yarn to be on the safe side).
There are sleeve modifications too:
1. Border five repeats wide instead of four to make the sleeves less narrow. This will make modified raglan shaping necessary, but I've decided to wait with calculations until I get there.
2. Sleeves knitted in the round to avoid a seam. When I get to the armholes I will start knitting back and forth for the raglan shape, though.
3. The instructions allow you to choose between short and long sleeves, but these will be medium length instead (like the previous one I made).
I'm quite excited about a twined knitting workshop I will be leading at Litet nystan in a few weeks! Equally exciting is planning a couple of lace knitting workshops with GarnGalleriet in Uppsala in October - will write more details about that when we've made more decisions.