Yarn: BC Lucca Fino Tweed, 300 grams.
Needles: 3½ mm (US 4).
Modifications in short:
- back and front sections knitted together instead of separately
- slip stitches on right side (easier to see when to make them)
- increases and decreases on wrong side (less visible)
- type of border pattern decreases changed for a smoother look and feel
- there is a choice between short and long sleeves, but Åsa wanted medium length; I’ve made them 90 rows long between border and armhole with increases 6 times every 6 rows and 5 times every 8 rows
- border and back of neck grafted (Kitchener stitch) instead of three-needle bind-off to avoid a welt
- an extra stitch added at each side for selvedge, and I’ve slipped the first stitch every row with yarn in front and knitted the second one
If I make it a third time I will knit the border in the round to avoid a welt where the edges are seamed.