Ron asked about the cuffs, so here's a photo to show what I did: I took a row of "teeth" from the body (slightly thinner needles) and made it smaller, six stitches wide instead of eight. Then I knitted stranded stripes, cast off loosely and sewed it in place.
One of the many things I love about this yarn, BC Shetlandsuld, is how soft it becomes after washing. It's a bit rough to work with - which is a good thing in my opinion. I'm not very fond of slippery fibres like baby alpaca.
I think Marianne Isager would recognize her design "Andes" from Inca Knits in spite of my modifications, in short:
- Colours (completely different, 7 instead of 4, and a slightly different colour sequence).
- Rows knitted sideways on front and back not garter stitch but stranded colourwork.
- Sleeves in stranded colourwork, not garter stitch.
- Neckband split in front to match bottom border splits.
- Cuffs in “tooth” pattern to echo the front and back.