Friday, 29 October 2010

Making progress


"Wightwizzle" wip
Originally uploaded by Asplund

This is a really quick knit once past the first few inches, so I expect to finish "Wightwizzle" soon. It's good exercise too, because the linen makes it rather heavy!

In the instructions the sleeves are knitted separately, but my intention is to pick up stitches around the armhole instead and shape the sleeve caps by using short rows. I've done that a few times before (here, for example) and think it works really well.

There's a small modification around the neck opening: instead of a few rows of garter stitch I added a "p2tog, yo" row to get a row of holes identical to the bottom border - which I modified too... The original design has a row of bobbles, but they didn't look good in this linen-alpaca combination (they looked clumsy) so I simply skipped them.

I should have taken a photo of the few bobbles I made to post here. Maybe, just maybe, I'll make a swatch and show you. Or maybe not! :-D

The colour looks strange in this photo; the photo in my previous post shows it a lot better.

9 comments:

Ann said...

Whau!
Beautiful!

Mum kreativ said...

I like it! Very wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous! I think I havn´t seen a more beautiful dress before. And what an intresting combination of fibres! Must make it soft and strong and very nice to wear.

ylva said...

It looks great!Seems to be a nice one to wear!

Marias garnhändelser said...

Så snygg, tror att den kommer passa dej perfekt!
*mahahaha*
fet kram!

Johanne said...

Vilken tur för dig att det inte finns någon fartbegränsning i stickning. Otroligt fint och otroligt fort stickat!

Asplund said...

:-D

katarinaw said...

Oj, så fint!

Kuninganna said...

I like it!! Excelently!