Thursday 11 December 2014

Twined mittens finished




Thanks for your comments on my mittens in progress! I finished them late last night, and luckily enough there was actually almost some sun this morning - so I thought I'd share some photos of details.

Thanks to Ravelry, there's no really no need for me to add a year to remember when I made it, but it's a nice detail. Also, there are so many memories and associations are knitted into these mittens that I would be able to date them in the future: above all, teaching at HV and the people I've met there.

Here is the join, a three-needle bind-off:

the gingerbread whale


In sweaters I like adding my initials to a gusset; in this case I chose the inside of the thumb:




The thumb decreases are placed at an angle. It may look a bit strange at first, but it makes them incredibly comfortable! This wasn't my own idea, but something I learnt from Karin Kahnlund.






3 comments:

lenaomalinstickar said...

Superflotta :-)

Sel and Poivre said...

There is a unique sense of accomplishment for me in a pair of finished twinned mittens - quite distinct from the feeling of a finished sweater or pair of socks. So my heart flutters with a bit of a vicarious thrill to see these! Thank you so much for your continuing inspiration!

sandra said...

So beautiful & perfect! Thanks for sharing :)