Wednesday 13 August 2014

While searching for a fez...


...I stumbled upon an irresistible pile of vintage knitting magazines hidden among heaps of vintage clothes and accessories at Old Touch in Stockholm. (Don't waste your time going there to look for knitting magazines - I decided to be efficient and get them all for my selfish self.)

Best Cover category winner

In case you think the fez was a joke, it wasn't. There's an 18th century Ball à la Turque in September, so I thought I'd wear one to add a Turkish touch to my period outfit. Actually, I was already getting in the mood for the party in July, when my friend Marguerite and I discovered the Ottoman room at Skansen in Stockholm, where we made ourselves at home instantly.

Turkish delight


Du sökte en fez och fann en trave sticktidningar. Du är inte besviken.

5 comments:

EvaL8 said...

Grattis till alla tidningar! Jag är inte intresserad, har alla utom Flitiga Händer, fast det är ju en veckotidning med mönster ibland. Har några andra nummer av den.

kråkspark said...

Vilket fynd! Själv har jag samlat på sticktidningar några år och har alldeles för många! Brukar skriva om dem i min blog!

Anonymous said...

Wow you hit the jackpot with those magazines! I can think of no better home for them than with you. I look forward to seeing what they inspire.

And I love the Turkish slippers! (Did you decide to knit yourself a fez in the end? You could probably make one in an evening, knowing you - twined knitting?!)

KiwiJames said...

Turkish delight indeed!

Cecilia Levy said...

Ivar! Grattis till lärarjobbet på HV Skola!!! Såg dig på deras hemsida, fantstiskt roligt. Det var längesen vi sågs, men du ser ut att vara i ditt rätta element, välmående och mycket bekväm på den där schäslongen :)